Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Update & Reader Interview: Lisa B.

I'm back and I'm working on the details of the new promo contest - should be up tomorrow. Oooh, what will it be?

Today, I've got a reader interview for you with Lisa B! (If you'd like to join in the interviews, check out the details here).


1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

Connecticut housefrau. “Retired” 41 year old church lady and mother of 3 with a former life in the theatre. Happily married for 18 years and adore my husband, who never fails to please me (wink wink, nudge nudge). Skiing and swimming keep me occassionally fit. I hate housework, but what are you going to do, really…. My kids are the most fun a person can have in life. We have a flock of horny chickens, two dogs, and two cats.

2. Are you a hoarder or do you give your books away?

I try to hoard, but sometimes I just have to share. A lot of my books were ruined in a house flood L.

3. What author might tempt you into turning stalker?

I think I may have crossed that line with poor Meljean :-)

4. How susceptible are you to chocolate?

Not particularly. Coffee, however…it’s a weakness in all its many guises: ice cream, cake, muffins, latte's, what ever...mmmmm...coffee....

5. Favorite book? Why?

That’s really hard but some contenders are: Lisa Kleypas' Dreaming of You. Derek Craven just did it for me. I love that wrong-side-of-the-tracks guy. Meljean Brook, Demon Moon because Savitri kicks ass without being a true ass kicker. And she asks such ridiculous questions that I had to love her. Dead to the World (Charlaine Harris) because Sookie finally gets her hands on Eric, and vise versa. JR Ward, because the brotherhood is a hoot (though not intentionally) . And Eye of the World by the late Robert Jordan. A great story that will hijack you for a day or so.

6. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?

My husband, some rum punch, and deck of cards.

7. What did you eat for breakfast?

Oatmeal with raisins. 4 cups of coffee…I don’t have a problem, man.

8. How many books in your current to-be-read pile?

I got nothin. I need to shop. I just burned through 6 books this week.

9. Describe your idea of a perfect hero.

Well, Hawke is looking really,really good to me from afar…

3 comments :

Christine said...

Great interview, Lisa!

You've got great taste! I'm a fellow coffee-and-Meljean-addict, too! lol

But no books on the TBR pile? @.@
Thankfully, Feb. 5 is an awesome book release day!!

lisabea said...

Weeeelll I did write that a while back...now my TBR stack is falling over. And my I Can't Wait list is getting long.

Barbarita V said...

I am from CT as well.