Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Series, Alphas & Reader Interview:

I'm in two places at once today - at Book Binge we're discussing things I've learned while Writing A Series, and over at RR@H Novel Thoughts & Book Talk, it's all about Loving Alpha Heroes (I'm having trouble posting over on this one, but I'm around!). Come, join me!

I've also got a reader interview for your today (if you want to join in these interviews, the details are
here). Today's interview is the lovely Iswari!!

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.


My name is Iswari and I live in Houston, Texas. I was born in Mumbai, India and came to Colorado when I was 2. I got married at the age of 19 to my husband in the typical Indian way with the whole fire sacrifice and everything - and in the mid summer no less! I lived there up until about 6 years ago when we moved to Houston due to my husband's job at Halliburton. I currently work for National Oilwell Varco, a drilling supply company. Now I absolutely love Houston and cannot image going back!

2. Are you a hoarder or do you give your books away?

I am kind of picky and choosy with my books when it comes to hoarding them or giving them away. If I read it and it and was so so for me, I will turn around and try to sell it on eBay or something. Others, I will automatically go and put in my special cabinet in my closet just for the books that are always going to be with me. I defintely have the Psy/Changeling series in there *g*, J.R. Ward's BDB series, Marjorie Liu's Dirk & Steele series and Kresley Cole's IAD series.

3. What author might tempt you into turning stalker?

Stalker behavior? I don't think I have ever gotten to that point about an author...atleast not yet!

4. How susceptible are you to chocolate?

I am moody about chocolate. There are days when I can eat a whole bar and others when I look at it like it is some foreign piece of crap that is totally bad for you. Go figure.

5. Favorite book? Why?

A book by Heather Graham called "A Pirate's Pleasure." The historical detail and the plot and love story are just superb. I always turn to that book when I want to remember what a good old fashioned romance is all about.

6. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?

I would take my husband (because he is always resourceful), a radio (because I have to listen to music), and an endless supply of paper and pens so that I could write.

7. What did you eat for breakfast?

I had banana bread flavored oatmeal.

8. How many books in your current to-be-read pile?

Everything that I keep in my special cabinet is a potential re-read for me.

9. Describe your idea of a perfect hero.

A good sense of humor,intelligent, resourceful, in good physical shape and easy on the eyes. In other words, my husband. :-)

1 comment :

Christine said...

Great interview, Iswari. You have such a beautiful name! I have attended several traditional Indian weddings and they are very beautiful ceremonies. As a blue eyed blonde, I think I stood out a bit wearing a sari, but it was so much fun!

Happy reading! :)