Friday, January 18, 2008

Demon Night - Meljean Brook

I was lucky enough to get a chance to read an advanced copy of Demon Night (out Feb 5) and boy was it good. Meljean is now officially one of my favorite authors. And this book's hero? He's wuuuuuuunderful!

Seriously, you'll love Ethan McCabe a.k.a. Drifter. If you don't believe me, go read this
excerpt where you get to Meet Drifter. Now tell me you don't want an Ethan of your own. The way he talks...I just went weak at the knees. And the love scenes - wow, just wow.

You're probably wondering what this book is about (aside from Ethan), so I'll tell you that it's part of Meljean Brook's fantastic Guardians series. Since I've read all three books, it's hard for me to judge if you can read it as a stand alone, but I definitely think you'll enjoy Demon Night a lot more if you read Demon Angel & Demon Moon first, because characters reappear, and there is an overarching plot.

If you want to read the backcover blurb & the opening chapter, follow this link to Meljean's website. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. Write like the wind, Meljean!

4 comments :

lisabea said...

Nalini, couldn't agree more. Love Ethan (Drifter) and once again, Meljean has created a heroine with such depth, vulnerability, and strength that I fell in love with her, too.

Kimberly said...

OMG, are you kidding me?

I'm so excited for this book. I LOVE her books, Demon Angel being my fave.

Normally I hate spoilers, but please tell me Hugh and Lilith are in DN.

Kat <--really wants that book

Christine said...

Hi Nalini.
I was extremely lucky to have the opportunity to read an ARC of Demon Night, too. Well, I have about 100 pages left, but I can already attest that this book is fantastic. Ethan is very sexy in a really down to earth way. I never thought I could fall for a cowboy! ;) And the heroine, Charlie, is so beautifully written... straight from the start. Lisabea is right! I fell for her, too! I love the way Meljean develops her characters. They are all so incredibly real to me.

I agree with you, Nalini, that to get the most out of the Demon Night, readers should read Meljean's prior stories, too. The overarching plot is just too brilliant to miss. If a reader wants to start reading Meljean's Guardian series starting with Demon Night, they should at least visit Meljean's site and read some background on the Doyen and Guardians here: Background on the Guardians Series.

Kat --> Hugh and Lilith do make some appearances in Demon Night. Lilith is still very.... errr... Lilith! lol

Nalini Singh said...

Lisa - I really liked how Charlie grew into her skin - you could almost see it happening.

Kat - yep, you get fleeting glimpses of them...and as Christine said, Lilith is very...Lilith! LOL You get to see Sir Pup too.

Christine - isn't he just amazing? I just want to sigh dreamily when I think of Ethan.