Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Reader Interview: Larissa

The Mine to Possess ARC Contest has taken off like a rocket! Details on Monday's post. Today, it's back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Tuesday is reader interview day. If you'd like to participate (you know you want to), the details are here. Today's interviewee is Larissa, who only lives across a really big ditch a.k.a. The Tasman Sea, from me!


1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

I am 28, I live in Sydney, Australia. I am originally from the Philippines and I moved here 2 and a half years ago. I live with flatmates in a nice house in a suburb full of children and pets, where we are the only ones on our street who don't appear to have either :) I came here to study and in the end finished with a double masters degree. I start a graduate job next year and in the meantime I work for a ticketing agency in a call centre.

2. Are you a hoarder or do you give your books away?


I hoard. I came to Australia with 6 books. I currently have a six shelf Ikea billy bookcase and I need to get another one really soon... If I really, really don't like the book I might take it to a second hand shop and trade it for a better one :)

3. What author might tempt you into turning stalker?


Neil Gaiman! I heart him.

4. How susceptible are you to chocolate?


Severely. I always give it up for lent cos its the ultimate sacrifice. One of the best pictures of me is next to a chocolate fountain.

5. Favorite book? Why?


i have too many! i will name two, archangel by sharon shinn (a romance disguised as fantasy, i swear) and bel canto by ann patchett which is a beautiful, lyrical novel that i highly recommend to everyone.

6. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?


An immortal never dying cigarette lighter (zippo, preferably)
An all weather blanket (good for cold & heat)
And a laptop that ran on endless batteries with a high speed T3 connection (so i can order all my needs on the internet)

7. What did you eat for breakfast?


sultana & apple oatmeal by uncle toby's (no milk) and a banana

8. How many books in your current to-be-read pile?

The pile on my side table has maybe...8? There is an entire shelf in aforementioned mentioned bookcase that I have not read. Plus some others...

9. Describe your idea of a perfect hero.


well first he has to smell nice & be able to spell. this is important ;P
smart, funny, considerate, with sexual prowess (ha ha ha) and hot. and i mean hot to me, he doesn't have to be you know, brad pitt. but just someone who i am attracted to and who is attracted to me!

No comments :