Just a quick update: the emails will probably go out today to the winners of the ARC contest. I'll do some sort of blog post on it either later today, or tomorrow. Also, the website has been updated with a new excerpt from Mine to Possess!
Now, onto the interview (if you'd like to participate, details are here)! Today's interviewee is is Erin, who also loves Remembrance (one of my favorite books)!
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
- I'm 25 years old and work at a trade assocation as an accounting assistant. I currently live in Olympia, Wash., and love reading, photography, swimming and history. I'm single, and loving it, and travel is my obsession.
2. Are you a hoarder or do you give your books away?
- HOARD! It's really bad, actually. I just moved, and had to pack up my books - over 900 of them! But how do you give them away? I re-read every night before I go to bed, so I need a library as a selection, since I never know what mood I'll be in.
3. What author might tempt you into turning stalker?
- I'm really, really not the stalker type, but I do tend to check on certain author's websites and blogs - Lynn Viehl, Marjorie M. Liu, Meljean Brook and Allison Brennan are a few that are on my favorites list.
4. How susceptible are you to chocolate?
- At certain times of the month, very susceptible. All other times, not so much.
5. Favorite book? Why?
- So, so hard. I don't have a favorite, but I have a few that have moved me on a deep level. Dream Boy by Jim Grimsley, Remembrance by Jude Deveraux, Shadow Touch by Marjorie M. Liu for a few. The why is difficult, but I like subtle. I want to feel the emotions, and not have to read that so-so is angry,happy, etc., and I want it simple. All of these books have a lyricism that lures you in.
6. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?
- 1 case of flare guns, 1 case of pens, 1 case of notebooks.
7. What did you eat for breakfast?
8. How many books in your current to-be-read pile?
- Umm...about 20, I think, with books that are currently out. I've got about 15 more on pre-order, including Mine to Possess *squeal*
9. Describe your idea of a perfect hero.
- No one's perfect, but...very smart, quiet, can make me laugh, dangerous when riled, open minded and for a physical trait, I like 'em lean.
Which character in a book do you relate most with?
- Hmm. Callie Dunbrook in Birthright by Nora Roberts and Rachel Morgan in the Rachel Morgan books by Kim Harrison. Callie because she's stubborn, loves history and loves cello music, and Rachel because she's stubborn, klutzy, and always ends up doing stuff she didn't intend.