Monday, December 10, 2007

Wild, Wicked & Wanton - Jaci Burton

Warning: Reading this book may make steam come out your ears.

First, the backcover blurb:

Three friends...three secret desires...three chances to make it all come true.

They're inseparable best friends who delight in sharing their wildest secrets and dares. But their latest bet is the boldest one of all: each must sleep with whomever the other two have chosen for her. And come back with every juicy detail...

WILD
Abby married the town bad boy. And he lived up to his reputation, bedding any woman who let her guard down. She swore off men for good, but never counted on a pair of sexy veterinarians who are fulfilling a desire of their own.

WICKED
Blair is the town heartbreaker. Afraid to commit, she's broken off three engagements. Yet there's one man she never had the courage to bed. The one man she really loved. But now, the decision is out her hands.

WANTON
Callie is the sensible one....but beneath it all she's a true romantic, with the broken heart to prove it. Now her long-dormant fantasies may be getting a workout. A new man enters her life and everything about him is irresistible.
Wild, Wicked & Wanton is seriously hot. I swear I singed my fingertips during reading. It’s three novellas but they’re connected so for me, it read like book - I also felt each couple got their chance in the spotlight, especially since you get to see them outside their novella. But the heat aside, what really made this book work for me were the relationships.

First, the relationship between the three women – Abby, Callie & Blair. They just seemed like real friends, and I liked how the men fit into and respected that friendship.

And second, the relationship between each heroine and her hero. The love scenes were utterly hot, but there was tenderness there, too. I truly believed these couples would make it – Wild, Wicked & Wanton really fulfilled both parts of its promise of being an erotic romance. This one’s going in the keeper pile.

You can check out an excerpt at Jaci’s website.

What've you all been reading? Any recent keepers?

6 comments :

Kimberly said...

Oooh, I have this book in my TBR pile and I really want to read it.

Thanks for the rec, Nalini. I'm putting this one in my suitcase to take home :)

Kati said...

My copy of WW&W is tattered! I simply love anything Jaci writes, she's a major, major talent, I think.

The thing I like about her work is that she's able to really "go" there in a way that works, and empowers women's fantasies.

I'm glad you liked this book. You're right though, you need to read this book with pot holders so you don't singe your fingers.

Anonymous said...

Nalini - have I told you lately that I love you? ;-)

Kat, hope you enjoy the book!

MaryKate, thank you so much!

Barbarita V said...

I read this book and I agreed with you Nalini. It was pretty steamy!!

Kati said...

I just finished about a week ago Untouched by Anna Campbell. Have you guys read her?

I was completely blown out of the water by this book. It has a very dark gothic feel. It's beautifully written. Whether you liked Anna's first book, Claiming the Courtesan or not, there's no denying that Anna has an incredible ability with prose. I simply loved this book!

Nalini Singh said...

Kat - watch out for the heat!

MaryKate - Untouched is in my tbr list. I've been waiting for this book ever since Anna first mentioned it.

Jaci - smooches! :)

Barbara - wasn't it just?! I had to fan myself LOL!