Friday, March 24, 2006

Time & Blogging

I won't be online again till next Monday (Sunday if you're on the other side of the date line) so I thought I'd do an extra post today.

It's going to be about time. And not wasting it. Because you see, I did a lot of that this week. And I'm still doing it by writing this post. Which is why I'm disappearing off the net for the weekend. Guilt is good. It makes you do a lot of things you might otherwise put off.

My main time-waster this week has been reading other people's blogs. If you've commented here, I've more than likely read your blog. But why stop there? I then went and read the blogs of people you'd linked to, the people they'd linked to and so on. There are a lot of good blogs out there. But seriously, do I really need to be reading all of them?

The answer is no. Time spent reading blogs is time spent not writing. Simple equation.

So from next week, I'm cutting down. It's going to be like the 12 step de-blogify yourself program.

Step 1: I'm only going to be allowed to read a few (number yet to be decided - what do you think is reasonable?) blogs a day.
Step 2: No cheating. If I follow a link to another blog and read that, then that counts as part of the quota.
Step 3: Stay away from the Internet. Just stay away. Don't heed the Siren call.
Step 4: Okay, this is as far as I've gotten. What do you all think should go in the next steps?

Does anybody else want to join me in the program? Come on, I dare you.

By the way, make sure to come back next week. Something very exciting will be going on. And no I'm not telling. But feel free to try and bribe me. I accept chocolate in all its variations, books and if you feel so compelled, cash is also always good. *g*

See you Monday/Sunday!

3 comments :

Cyn Bagley said...

Yea... I am in trouble too. I have one book review and an essay that I need to write for our Vasculitis Newsletter. AND yes, I have been surfing instead. :-)

I have to start my four hour writing days again.

Anonymous said...

It is addictive...

Nalini Singh said...

Milady - I think I'm going to do something like that too. Maybe impose a time limit...

Emma - I hear you. Some of my friends have two computers, one for Internet, one for work that's not hooked up to the Net. Hmm, something to think about.

Cynthia & Kendra - want to join the 12 step program? ;)