Friday, October 21, 2005

Pirates and Men

I'm heading off for distant pastures this weekend. Along with a crew of nine other lunatics, I'm going to participate in a regional dragonboating competition. Why are we lunatics? Because of the ten crew, only one, one, has ever dragonboated before. And given that paddling in unison in a very big boat requires a lot more practise and skill, we've got no illusions that we're going to win.

Instead, our only goal is to beat the other hopeless team of lunatics from another prefecture and possibly win the prize for the most outlandish costume. So join me in wishing lots of luck to the Pirates of the Yagawa: Curse of the Green Tea (that being our name, mateys).

While I'm off trying not to drown, why don't you all have a go at this quiz I stole from Dee's blog.

You Have Your PhD in Men

You understand men almost better than anyone.
You accept that guys are very different, and you read signals well.
Work what you know about men, and your relationships will be blissful.


3 comments :

Bronwyn Jameson said...

I have one word for you, Nalini...
PICTURES. (What do you mean you'll be too busy paddling? That is not an excuse!)

Nalini Singh said...

tortured artist - you had a definite unfair advantage in that quiz. I wonder if they have an opposite version of it?

Bron - do you mean you want me to put up material that in future may be used to blackmail me??? Will ponder that, but I will try to snap away at my fellow paddlers - one has promised to turn up as a pirate wench!

Anonymous said...

Nalini, best of luck with paddling, and please, please, don't drown! Who'll write all those wonderful books for us then? Best of luck, Nalini, and yep, some pictures would be nice!