Friday, October 28, 2005

I Am Not An Eskimo

It's getting cold where I live. I don't deal well with cold. At all. My blood freezes and I do a very good impression of a geriatric penguin every time I have to leave my super-heated apartment. It's just as well that I live in the southern part of Japan because it's already snowing up north.

I did suck up all my courage and venture up there for the snow festival last winter and it was definitely worth it (see pic) but to live there? My worst nightmare. The entire city was completely white. Not a single spot of color to be seen. Very pretty...as long as I had a plane ticket outa there in a few days.

This weekend, I think I'm going to pull out all my winter gear in preparation for the time when earmuffs, gloves, mufflers and boots are the only thing standing between me and life as a frozen still-life. I'll take stifling heat over below zero temps any day of the week. Who's with me?

3 comments :

Nalini Singh said...

Want to swap homes????

Bronwyn Jameson said...

I'm shivering just looking at that picture, Nalini.

Nalini Singh said...

I know - it was COLD. But the festival itself was beautiful. That sculpture was one of the smaller ones. They even had people-sized playground slides made of ice, that you could go on!