Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Reader Interview: ShellBell

Tuesday is reader interview day (except today is Wednesday *grin*). If you'd like to participate (you know you want to), the details are here. Today's interviewee is ShellBell, and she definitely knows her chocolate!! :)

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

I am a single, 40 year old and I live in New Zealand. No cats no this house, although I have considered getting one or two! I am generally quite a reserved person, until you get to know me. I absolutely hate talking about or describing myself as I'm pretty boring, and there are always much more interesting things to talk about! I have been an avid reader for years and rarely go anywhere without a book in my handbag!

2. Are you a hoarder or do you give your books away?

Definitely a hoarder. I do eventually have a cleanup, but end up re-buying some of the ones I'v gotten rid of. My Palm is a godsend - I can have print and ebook versions of my absolute favourites, and just ebook versions of the rest.

3. What author might tempt you into turning stalker?

There are a couple - definitely you Nalini, along with JR Ward, Christine Feehan and Sherrilyn Kenyon. Fortunately I'd be a harmless stalker - far too shy to ever approach anyone, and you'd never get a word of sense out of me! I think I'd probably be way too star-struck (or should be author-struck). I doubt if I'd be able to open my mouth without making a complete fool of myself - I prefer to admire from afar.

4. How susceptible are you to chocolate?

Extremely - especially peppermint, fruit and nut, white chocolate, flake bars (ooh yum - especially the luxury flake bars), pinky bars, milky ways, moro bars, freddo's, sultana pasties, tim tam biscuits, mallowpuffs, chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, chocolate milkshakes, chocolate mousse, chocolate dipped ice-cream etc, etc, etc. Let's face it - if it has chocolate in it, I'll eat it! .

5. Favorite book? Why?

The Odyssey by Homer. I've always loved Roman and Greek mythology and this book is a very compelling read. I couldn't possibly name a favourite romance or paranormal book - there are too many of them that I love, and enjoy reading (and re-reading) each of them for different reasons.

6. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a desert island, what three
things would you take with you?

*A campervan (winnebago) - with an never-ending supply of food, electricity and fresh water......... does that count as one item!!!!!

*Having discovered the joys of eBooks, one item would have to be my Palm, stocked with all of my favourite books and music.

*The Tim Tam genie - at least I'd have an endless source of chocolate biscuits and a companion who could ....... cook for me!

7. What did you eat for breakfast?

Eggs and spaghetti on toast - I cook breakfast most weekends but during the week it is usually just some yoghurt.

8. How many books in your current to-be-read pile?

57 - some books have been in my TBR pile for ages as I haven't been in the right mood to enjoy them. Other books are in my TBR pile as they are in a series where I don't have the earlier books and I get really pedantic about reading books in a series in the correct order.

9. Describe your idea of a perfect hero.

Someone who is confident, but not full of himself, leaning towards being an alpha male.

3 comments :

ShellBell said...

hmmm .. this was definitely sent in a while ago - somehow my TBR pile has made it's way to 120+ books. Fortunately a lot of them are eBooks, so I don't have a large pile of print format books staring forlornly at me!

Quick question - has anyone read Eloisa James? If so, how did you like her books?

s.j.simon said...

lol. did you know that chocolate was banned in switzerland for many years. read this

ShellBell said...

LOL, I'm glad I wasn't around then!

A couple of my favourite chocolate sayings:

I want it all!!! and I want it smothered in whipped cream and chocolate.

The 12 step chocoholics program: never be more than 12 steps away from chocolate.

When no one understands you, chocolate is there!