Tuesday is reader interview day. If you'd like to participate (you know you want to), the details are here. Today's interviewee is MaryKate...and if her perfect hero ever comes to life, I have first dibs!!
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I'm a 36 year old meeting planner who lives in metropolitan Washington, D.C. I'm an avid reader of romance.
2. Are you a hoarder or do you give your books away?
My books go in three categories: (1)give aways, (2)shares, (3)keepers.
3. What author might tempt you into turning stalker?
Nora Roberts. She's my all time favorite author and seems to be such a smart and incredibly witty person. I'd just love to have cocktails with her.
4. How susceptible are you to chocolate?
Very. Especially Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms.
5. Favorite book? Why?
The Windflower by Tom and Sheila Curtis. Why? The prose, plain and simple. It features some of the most evocative prose written in romance, IMHO. The hero is delicious, the heroine smart and grows noticeably during the story, and the secondaries are some of the most memorable out there. Also, it's a pirate romance. What's not to love about that??
6. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?
Books, iPod (with some sort of charger), and plenty of Diet Pepsi.
7. What did you eat for breakfast?
A bagel and lite cream cheese.
8. How many books in your current to-be-read pile?
Two. I'm a very fast reader, so I have a hard time maintaining a TBR stack. I'm always deeply envious of people who say they have hundreds of books waiting. How do they do that?
9. Describe your idea of a perfect hero.
He's tough, loyal and a leader of men. He's probably ornery and can be on the cranky side. He's fiercely protective of those he loves, especially his woman. He's a big guy, and looks good in either a t-shirt and jeans or dressed up, but prefers to be casual. He's good with his hands (and his mouth...LOL!). Hmm, maybe I've thought a little too much about this.