Monday, July 31, 2006

Sayonara Japan

I fly out of Japan today, three years after arriving. It doesn't seem like such a long time until you start to think about all the things that have happened. In August 2003, when I arrived, my very first book - Desert Warrior, had just been published. And now it's three years, several books, a thousand new experiences and uncountable new friends later.

The truly happy thing is that this town has become such a home to me that I feel like I could return at any time and settle back into life here. I wish I could thank all the people who've made this experience such an awesome one. This includes all of you out there, who kept me from feeling isolated as a writer. So a great big thank you to all my friends, near and far, those I've met and those who are only names. You are, each and every one of you, absolutely wonderful.

I'm going to leave you all with a fact and a question.

Fact: Nalini was in a helicopter yesterday.
Question: How in the world did Nalini end up in a helicopter on her last Sunday in Japan?

Speculate away. And I'll be back in a couple of days time to tell you who got the closest.

7 comments :

Christina Phillips said...

Have a safe journey, Nalini!

(Re Q: You were taking your first helicopter lesson??)

Anonymous said...

Thought that I'd pop over and see what you're up to.I've not seen you post at romance junkies for a while and now I know why!! Re Q:were you just taking in the sky line one last time?

Gabrielle said...

You went to see this: Images of the thunder (left) and wind gods drawn by 17th-century Japanese artist Sotatsu Tawaraya are depicted on paddy fields growing four varieties of rice in the village of Inakadate, Japan.

Tempest Knight said...

Save journey, Nalini!

Cyn Bagley said...

Safe journey... :-)

charleneteglia said...

Happy trails, safe landings, and I'm waiting to hear how you ended up in a helicopter. Sounds exciting!

Nalini Singh said...

Thanks for all the good thoughts everyone! :) These guesses are great. Hope the truth doesn't disappoint!