Monday, July 24, 2006

Cellphone Withdrawal

I just cut off my cellphone. It really feels like I'm leaving now - one week to go before I'm on a plane outa here! They call cellphones 'keitai' in Japan. And everyone has a keitai. I mean everyone.

I barely used my cell in NZ but man did I ever grow attached to my keitai here. I feel like I'm cut off. In the wilderness. I'm sure it'll pass (she says hopefully). Now I just have to find a new place to hang all my cool, sparkly keitai dangly things.

So, do you have a cell? And are you unnaturally attached to it?

1 comment :

Nalini Singh said...

Same here, Milady. They've even started to use cells to pay for things (like a swipecard!).

Emma - I'm basically like that, too. But I really liked the camera function. This phone cost me 1yen on a contract and it had all these cool gadgets that'd set you back hundreds in any other country!