Monday, November 30, 2009

Snapshot Monday: Scenes from Ireland

More pictures from Ireland!

This first one is of the canal at Ross Castle.


The next two shots were taken around the Ring of Kerry. It was just amazing, stunning scenery.


And a shot of me standing on The Burren, an extraordinary landscape of rocks - when I went, it was very desolate, but in summer it apparently blooms with flowers. I could've spent hours wandering through the rocky terrain. If you ever have a chance to visit, don't miss this place.


8 comments :

Alyssa Maxwell said...

What wonderful pictures, Nalini! We toured the west of Ireland a few years ago, and one of our best days was spent at Ross Castle and the tiny island of Innisfallen with its abbey ruins out on the lake. So many of your photos are familiar to me - and make me want to go back! Did you get out to the Dingle Pininsula?

orannia said...

Thank you Nalini! OK, next visit to Ireland I am visiting Kerry!

V. J. Devereaux said...

Oh, yes, the west of Ireland! The Cliffs of Moher, the Ring of Kerry and Dingle, so beautiful. I went alone last time. Next time I'm taking my husband. I loved it, and had a lovely little adventure there, too. But we won't discuss that with the husband, will we? LOL

limecello said...

Gorgeous! I would love to go to Ireland some day. Thanks for posting these pictures :)

Tessa Radley said...

Nalini, thanks. I loved Ireland so lush and wild....you brought it back.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... If my planned Scotland tour is called off, then Ireland would be a good alternative.

The landscape is very beautiful!

Tiona said...

WOW! Those are some amazing pictures, Nalini! I wanna be there! Just stunning!

Nalini Singh said...

Allison, no, I don't think we went to the Peninsula. But the scenery just in that general area is fantastic!

Orannia, Limecello, Tessa - you're welcome :)

VJ - The Cliffs of Moher were so amazing. I took tons of photos there, too.

Eva, both are different landscapes but both are stunning.

Princess Bumblebee - glad you enjoyed!