Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Smilies, Reviews and Candy

If you haven't already, I highly recommend dropping by Jaci Burton's new blog. She has the funniest smilies ever. I was tempted to make random comments just to use the smilies. Go on, have a look, then tell me you don't agree. Actually, I think you should all leave this comment: "Nalini thinks your smilies rock" (and of course insert smilies of your choice). *g*

___________________

In the good news department, a couple more great reviews have gone up for Slave to Sensation!!
Singh has created a fresh, intriguing and thought-provoking mythology and a very appealing cast of characters who harbor plenty of secrets...I look forward to the next installment from this talented writer.

Martina Bexte at Bookloons
Character-driven and well-written, it's not easy to put down at bedtime; it kept me reading well into the night.

Sue Burke at Fresh Fiction
___________________

And what did I achieve yesterday? Well I finished reading Sleeping With Fear, the last part of the trilogy I blogged about Monday. I found this one less spooky as it was concentrated on occult practices, but I really liked the hero and heroine, both of whom were very well drawn and whose relationship sizzled from their first meeting.

Um and I satisfied my craving for Indian sweets. I have two words for you - sugar high.

So, what did you achieve yesterday?

9 comments :

Kendra Clark said...

Congrats on the reviews!

katie g. said...

Quit teasing! I can't wait to read your book. Between yours and the new Diana Palmer, September is going to be a good month!

Nalini Singh said...

Thanks Kendra.

But Katie, it's so much fun ;) Isn't it rocking that I'm coming out the same month as a DP book? :) Btw - love your new pic. Let me guess - shushing librarian?

Milady Insanity said...

Congratulations!

I was supposed to be achieving writing an STS review yesterday...but didn't.

It's hard to review something I've read so many reviews off because all the adjectives have been used!

Emma Sinclair said...

Great reviews!

I, uh, packed boxes yesterday.

I keep thinking that Slave to Sensation is going to be a great birthday present for me, but it's probably going to be even better for you, lol!

Amie Stuart said...

Congrats on the fab reviews! the website looks wonderful!

Kay Hooper's an auto-buy for me *ggg* and I have SWF sitting, waiting as a reward though I prefer the non-ghost stories to the ones with ghosts.

Cynthia E. Bagley said...

Nalini... congrats... for some reason I think that I have commented and VIOLA! I have not...

I like ghost stories... I also write ghost stories. I gotta get that book. It sounds really good.

:-)

Nalini Singh said...

Lol, Milady! Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

Emma - tee hee - it can be a mutual birthday present! Good luck with the box packing - I know exactly how stressful it can be.

Thanks Amie! And isn't KH just fabulous?

Cynthia - I don't think you'll be sorry. It's a very good book. :)

Jaci Burton said...

Nalini! Thanks for the smiley comment! I do love them...hehehe.

And I'm DYING to read Slave to Sensation...is it September yet? *g*