Monday, June 12, 2006

In Which Nalini Gushes

So last night I caved in to the new books calling out to me from the tbr pile and picked up Jayne Castle’s (a.k.a. Jayne Ann Krentz) Ghost Hunter. I have four words for you – Go Buy This Book! I love JAK’s futuristic paranormals set on Harmony and the newest installment didn’t disappoint.

There’s just something so sexy about a hero (Cooper Boone) who’s completely controlled on the surface but is a turbulent storm of emotion underneath. JAK writes these kinds of heroes so beautifully. Some of her Amanda Quick novels are my absolute favorite historicals for that very reason. Not only that, but the humor and lightness she brings into the relationships between her heroes and heroines are just magic.


Re
Ghost Hunter, it doesn’t matter if you haven’t read any of the other books in the series. The books all stand alone and JAK provides a helpful foreword that very efficiently explains the world. Basically, its set on a colony of Earth that was cut off from the mother planet centuries ago. Harmony is a planet that was formerly occupied by an alien race, which left behind catacombs and cities. But the really cool thing about the planet is that over time, the colonists have changed and begun to display para-psi abilities. The ghost hunters are the most dangerous of these talents...and therefore the hottest. *g*


I recommend this book with no reservations.
The only thing I’d wish for is that JAK would write more of the Castle books! You can go visit JAK’s website here, and she also participates in the group blog Running With Quills.

3 comments :

Kelli McBride said...

Nalini,

I am also a JAK fanatic. I've read everything she's ever written in every pseudonym - all the Stephanie James, Jayne Castle, etc. I really love her sci/fi crossovers, especially Sweet Starfire, pub'd way back in 1986. Lord, I LOVE that book. And her Amanda Quick books are delicious.

I agree that GHOST HUNTER was not a disappointment. It had all the sexy, sassy qualities that make JAK so great a writer.

Nalini Singh said...

Hey Kelli! Thanks for dropping by. I think I might be a wee bit fanatical too *g* I love Sweet Starfire, too, and the Orchid, Zinnia, Amaryllis books and...pretty much everything else she writes lol.

Hope you enjoy, Emma!

Cyn Bagley said...

I love these paranormals too. I want to read this book. :-)