Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happiness

One of the great things about being a writer is hearing from satisfied readers. I still remember the delight I felt when I received my very first email from a reader - I'd just moved to Japan and was in Tokyo, surrounded by way too many people and going slightly nuts, when I opened up my inbox and there it was.

Last week, I received a handwritten letter from Scotland. I had the same reaction to that letter as I did to that first email. Pure delight. The feeling never disappears or gets old. :)

What's your slice of happiness? What's put a smile on your face today, this week, this month?

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoy hearing from readers. I get emails from them and it makes me smile as well.

It just makes me happy to know someone might actually want to read what I've written.

Nalini Singh said...

I know, Kendra. Isn't it the most fantastic feeling?!