Friday, November 11, 2005

Sneak Peak: Interview with Caleb Callaghan from Secrets In The Marriage Bed

Nalini: Hi Caleb, thanks for doing this. I think I’ve scared off my friends from doing interviews with me. It’s really really nice of you to take time out from your schedule to fit me in.

Caleb: (Looks up from brief he’s drafting) Yes?

Nalini: Okay, right I get the hint. You want me to get a move on.

Caleb: (Returns to his work).

Nalini: Um, hey, so my question was, how are things with Victoria?

Caleb: (Puts down pen very calmly) My wife and I are both fine.

Nalini: I thought you two were, you know, separated?

Caleb: We’re working through some problems but Vicki is still my wife. And she will always be my wife.

Nalini: Aren’t you living in a hotel?

Caleb: That’s a temporary situation.

Nalini: I must’ve been mistaken – I thought you’d been there for nearly two months. Didn’t Victoria say that she was going to divorce…(shuts up at look on Caleb’s face).

Caleb: I’m leaving to meet my wife for lunch. This interview is over.

Nalini: Well good luck with the whole separation thing.

Caleb: (Plants hands on desk and leans over) There. Is. No. Separation. We’re husband and wife.

Nalini: Yes, okay, of course. Husband and wife. Just that you like to live in a hotel. I can get that – don’t have to do the dishes or make the bed. Definitely a good choice. Definitely. Okay, I’ll just show myself out then. Right. Bye.

8 comments :

Nalini Singh said...

*grin* Bina - Caleb is definitely very intense. (I adore him). Vicki's no wallflower though - you can be sure she's going to tough it out with him.

Re when you get to meet them: I'm being a horrible tease - these two make their debut in March next year (U.S.) or April (Aus/NZ)!

Anonymous said...

OH my kind of man! Love a hero that knows who or what he wants :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great story. I already love Caleb.

Bronwyn Jameson said...

Ooh, Nalini, you tease. I'm so looking forward to this one!

K.A.S. said...

I love it!
Can't wait to read it.

Nalini Singh said...

Muwahaha I think I like the taste of power *grin*

So glad you guys like Caleb. He was a wonderful (if stubborn) hero to write. I can't wait for you all to see him with Victoria. :)

Anonymous said...

So it only will be out in March? Aren't you really a tease, Nalini?

Nalini Singh said...

Actually, I'm not that bad a tease... it'll be available one month in advance (Feb) on eharlequin. :) Watch this space for more teasers to come!