Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Goddess of Spring - P C Cast

This is my second P C Cast book. I picked it up after really enjoying Goddess By Mistake and I'm so glad I did. I read the whole book in one sitting and am dying to get my hands on the others in the Goddess Summoning series. There's a sense of magic in P C Cast's books that's at once beautiful and believable.

Here's the blurb for Goddess of Spring:
Lina's trendy bakery in Tulsa is proving to be less than lucrative, and she must come up with a plan. When she stumbles upon an Italian Goddess cookbook, Lina can't help but think she's found the answer to her problem even if it means invoking a goddess to save her business.

Soon enough, Lina finds herself face-to-face with Demeter, who has a plan of her own. She proposes that Lina exchange souls with Persephone, the Goddess of Spring, who will breathe new life into the bakery. In return, Lina must set order to the Underworld.

Before all this, Lina's problems mostly involved sourdough and second dates. Now that she embodies the enchanting Persephone, Lina has weightier things on her mind, like the formidable task of bringing Spring to a world of spirits. But when the handsome,brooding Hades kindles a spark in her heart, Lina wonders if this Lord of the Underworld might be the man of her dreams.
What I love about the heroine in this book is that she's so sensible. That doesn't sound very exciting, but Lina is a fabulous character. She's thrown out of her element, but she makes the best of it. She's sympathetic, funny and shows the sense of wonder any one of us would probably feel if we were thrust into the world of the Gods.

Hades as a hero is plain yummy. Can you get any more tall, dark and handsome?


I loved everything about this book. Recommended thrice over!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love this book :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds great fun :) thanks for the suggestion

Gena Showalter said...

I love PC's work. She's one of my favorite authors!!