Some things I'll miss when I return to Japan (aside from hanging out with my friends and family).
1. Watching tv in a language I fully understand.
2. Watching tv commercials where I don't want to clobber the cutesy-talking-over-thirty-woman-who-shrieks-a-lot. (Sorry, sore point. She comes on during the news I watch in Japan Every, Single, Day. It's gotten to the point where I mute her and make faces at the tv. Yes, very mature. *g*)
3. Eating (homemade) food off proper plates (as opposed to takeout boxes).
4. The Indian sweet shop (not good for my hips but great for my soul).
5. English-language magazines that don't cost an arm, a leg and an internal organ.
6. Having a car (okay, the bicycle keeps me from turning into a round little ball but riding in snow, sleet and searing heat is not fun).
7. My collection of keeper books, which I just like to have around me so I can read them anytime I please. Hmm, am I too attached?
What little things would you miss if you had to pack up and move to the other side of the world?