Friday, December 09, 2005

15 Book Things

I've been tagged by Kendra and have to list 15 things that pertain to me and reading/writing. Here goes:

1. I am in love with every one of my heroes.


2. I think Mr. Darcy should be wrapped in a bow and left on my doorstep as a Christmas present.


3. I buy books even when I don't have time to read.


4. In high school, my favorite English teacher caught me reading a Silhouette romance and was incredibly disappointed. (I still don't get why).


5. I have watched the BBC adaptation of
Pride & Prejudice too many times to count.

6. I've never read a single Harry Potter book. (Last person in the universe? I keep meaning to get to it!).


7. I dream of a house with space for a dedicated library and study.


8. My favorite series' couple are Eve and Roarke from the JD Robb books.


9. Sometimes, I write the end of a novel before the start.


10. I didn't sleep the night
Slave to Sensation went to auction.

11. I've written books just for myself, knowing they'd likely never be sold.


12. My first book came out the month I moved to Japan.


13. I think
Othello has some of the most beautiful lines in the English language.

14. When I was a teenager, I wanted a secret hollow book like the Babysitter's Club girls had, only I couldn't make myself cut into any of my books, not even the ones I knew I'd never read again.


15. I ran into Nora Roberts in a bathroom at the RWA NY Conference and was so stunned, I couldn't even say hello.


Instead of tagging someone else, I'm opening this up for general comment. Tell me some book things about yourself!

3 comments :

Bronwyn Jameson said...

I haven't read a Harry Potter book either, Nalini. That makes 2 of us!

Nalini Singh said...

Ok, let's see if anyone else hasn't. I don't hold out much hope!

Tara McNeill said...

For some reason today I decided to start at the beginning of your blog and read through your early posts, when I came across this one. So even though its nine years late, and will most likely be lost in the 'blogosphere, I'm going to have a go!

1. I am in love with Hawk Snow. Best Hero ever written.

2. I quite agree with you about Mr Darcy, but there is something so achingly lovely about Captain Wentworth!

3. I'm so impatient that even though I pre-order my favourite books, the day they are released I go and buy the ebook version so I can read them sooner!

4. In high school the only thing I read were astrix and archie comics, because I wasn't a great reader.

5. Ill have to give you a 'snap' with the BBC version of P&P. Ive watched it so much, my 4yo daughter named her teddy bear Mr Darcy!

6. I've never read Lord of the Rings, and when I went to see the first film, I thought it was the worst ending ever, not realising it was part one of three! LOL

7. I dream of big windows, with dappled sunlight filtering through the trees and a view that stretches out over fields.

8. My favourite series couple is Sienna and Hawke. Protective, Passionate and Playful! Amen Sister!

9. I'm completely OCD about books. I wont bend the spine open because it will create a crease!

10. The night that Heart of Obsidian was released, I stayed up till 4 in the morning so that I could read it in one sitting.

11. I've decided to write my first book. I'm nervous as hell, but I'm going to give it my best! - will let you know how it goes ;p

12. The first proper book I read was 'The Magician' by Raymond E Feist. I was about 19 and it took me six months, but I was very proud of myself at the end.

13. When I was little, I wanted to be just like Fred Astaire.

14. When I was learning to be a bookbinder and we came to the part of bookbinding and restoration where you had to actually pull the cover off an old book to repair it. I cried - Like a baby - and no one could understand why.

15. I absolutely love the smell of coffee, but I cant drink it. Though I do love coffee flavoured desserts...

Well, that's a little bit about me! :)