Saturday, August 04, 2012

Popular Romance Project

While I was at the RWA Conference in Anaheim, I had a chance to see a small piece of the documentary film titled "Love Between the Covers" currently being made by film-maker Laurie Kahn. You can see the preview now on the Popular Romance Project website.

I highly recommend you go by and have a look - the preview received a standing ovation in Anaheim and with good reason. I've met and been interviewed by Laurie, and really felt that she's trying to make a film that truly shows the heart of the romance community in an unbiased and most importantly, non-condescending, way.

I'm excited to see what the final film is going to look like.

Laurie asked me to let you know that through August, she's running a Kickstarter campaign to raise $50,000 to go toward the completion of the film. She's lined up a number of different gifts/rewards for those who make a pledge to support the project, including for example, dvds of the finished film and, for writers, offers of critiques from a number of authors and editors. You can see full details on her campaign page.

I hope you're all having a great weekend and that you enjoy the video. :-)

2 comments :

\.Sabrina./ said...

This sounds like a very interessting project and I hope they will get the $50,000 to complete the film.
The romance community is raising all over the world and connecting people, i'm excited to see the full documentary!

Thank you for sharing, Nalini!

Unknown said...

I gave them 5 Dollar...after all, it´s not much and it sounds like a good project!