Thursday, August 02, 2012

Gunmetal Magic - Ilona Andrews

Link to Excerpt
My super professional review: This book is awesome!!!!

I love the voice of writing team Ilona Andrews, and inhale their books. This one was no different - the plot is fascinating, and Andrea and Raphael make an explosive couple. (For those of you who've read the book already, I have one word for you: carpet. :D)

Gunmetal Magic is set in the Kate Daniels world, but even if you haven't read the other books in the series, I think you can pick this up without problems, as it focuses not on Kate but her best friend Andrea. Of course, the entire series is amazing, and if you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend you check it out. You can read more about the books here.

Spoiler note: If you have read Gunmetal Magic, please keep any comments spoiler-free or sneaky so folks aren't accidentally spoiled. Thanks. :-)

Here's the backcover blurb for Gunmetal Magic:
Some people have everything figured out—Andrea Nash is not one of those people.

After being kicked out of the Order of the Knights of Merciful Aid, Andrea’s whole existence is in shambles. All she can do is to try to put herself back together, something made easier by working for Cutting Edge, a small investigative firm owned by her best friend Kate Daniels.

When several shapeshifters working for Raphael Medrano—the male alpha of the Clan Bouda and Andrea’s former lover—die unexpectedly at a dig site, Andrea is assigned to investigate…and must work with Raphael. As Andrea’s search for the killer leads her into the secret underbelly of supernatural Atlanta, she knows that dealing with her feelings for Raphael might have to take a back seat to saving the world…
 

12 comments :

meljean brook said...

lol! That's about what my review sounded like, too. Just a bunch of exclamation points!!

It's such a fantastic read.

Saiqa said...

sounds like a great book! think i will give this author a try.If shes recommended by my favourite author she must be good!

Diane said...

You need to ask? Please...
Ok then, Psy Changeling series, Guild Hunter series, In Death series and so many more!

Anonymous said...

Love their writing. I have read their books multiple times and this book is on par with the rest of the Kate Daniel's series. I agree with you, Nalini, great voice and great book!

Anonymous said...

Love their books - I'm only 25 % into Gunmetal Magic and up to now it's fantastic. Love that we see more of Ascario in here.

Anonymous said...

I love this series! Waiting impatiently for my copy to arrive in the mail. Its taking forever :(

Saji said...

I will have to wait two more weeks for the book....am getting it as a present as soon as i finish my thesis!

Liz C said...

Carpet- hahahahahahaha absolutely hilarious, love that bit ^o^ fantastic book, well worth getting, love all the different mythologies they manage to roll into their books

CatH said...

Ever since I read the first ever Kate-Curran book, I've always been on the lookout for their stories (think of Silent Blade, or even A Mere Formality and I'm just agog). I can't wait to get my hands on Andrea-Raphael's story here....its just sad it takes a long time for the book to get to my part of the world, but I think it will be worth the wait and my chomping at the bit :-)

Annonymous... said...

absolutely agree with you.Definitely one of the best book this year.Full of action and wonderful characters... love andrea, raphael and ....roman...

Anonymous said...

I think I finished the book in under 20 hours, it was so good. The whole Kate Daniels series is imaginative, action packed and hilarious. I must say after this last one that i am definitely loving Roman. What's not to love about a dark priest of a evil god who carries crackers in his pocket to cuddle up to unclean creatures.

Sylvia said...

I just finished it last night, awesome though I need to do a reread because I read it in one sitting and my eyes... well it was worth it.