It's reader interview time, and today's interviewee is Sayuri, all the way from Scotland :)
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I'm Thirtymumble..live in Edinburgh, Scotland, currently manage a bookshop. Love to read and eat and knit and read. Oh and I am a lifelong member of the a-ha fanclub. Oh yes, I'm a child of the Eighties.
2. Are you a hoarder or do you give your books away?
Are you mad? Give books away? Certainly not. Although I am considering changing over to e-format almost exclusively. But not just yet.
3. What author might tempt you into turning stalker?
Actually I would love to make it over to one of those multi-signing doohickeys you have over in the states just so I could get a few books signed and meet a few peeps. Does flying from Scotland to America to get a book signed constitue stalking? Among my top would be Nalini (of course), Meljean Brook, Marjorie M Liu, Jim Butcher, Charlie Huston, Simon R Green, Jennifer Rardin, Lilith Saintcrow, Mike Carey......
4. How susceptible are you to chocolate?
5. Favorite book? Why?
Shipping News by Annie Prolux. Because it's a quiet unassuming book about quiet unassuming people who do quiet unassuming things and how that can change someone and their life completely.
6. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?
Some kind of iHarry Potter house/tent thing so I can stay out the sun. I'm a pale lass. An unlimited supply of Diet Irn Bru (It's a Scottish drink) and something tall, dark and handsome with a degree in handyman skills.
7. What did you eat for breakfast?
Nothing, I usually trade breakfast for an extra 15 mins in bed.
8. How many books in your current to-be-read pile?
37. Check it out on Goodreads.
9. Describe your idea of a perfect hero.
Oh god, where do you start? Smart, funny (He needs to be able to make me laugh.), loyal, protective (Thanks to you Nalini) , a little vulnerability with an understanding of female anatomy. It's not like I'm asking for too much. Oh and he has to hate Football/Soccer.
Extra reader submitted question(s)! Answer at will :)
* Which character in a book do you relate most with?
I'm not sure I do. I'm not that damaged. I had a happy childhood, I am confident, cynical and nothing exciting has ever really happened to me. (Do you feel sorry for me yet? LOL) Actually, I can relate to Charlie in Demon Night quite a bit as I have quite an addictive personality and have to channel and control like she does.
* Where do you live?
I live by the sea in Edinburgh and I love it.
* If you were in the Psy/Changeling World, what side would you be in?
I would be a Psy just so I could hook up with one of those damn fine Changeling men. Are there any left at this point....?