Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Copy Edits & Newsletter

I'm currently working on copy edits for WILD EMBRACE: A Psy-Changeling Collection. Excerpt from that coming soon... but if you want to be sure you always get new excerpts, new free short stories, all the goss etc, don't forget to join my newsletter. Next one is going out on the 4th and there might be something interesting in there. wink emoticon
How do you join the newsletter? Easy! Just fill in the quick form on the front page of my website (it'll take you all of five seconds :)), then click the confirmation link sent to your email address. After that, you'll automatically get the Welcome Newsletter with links to previous newsletter-only exclusives. 

Any issues, let Ashwini know: naliniDOTassistantATgmailDOTcom

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

thank you! <3 So looking forward to everything! XD

but, errmmm, I noticed something, the czech cover of "Mine To Possess" is the same as Seanan Mcguire's One Salt Sea, missing the bottom mermaid bit and flipped... Can the czech do that?

http://www.seananmcguire.com/img/covers/cover_oss.jpg

ladyreadsalot66 said...

Just read the excerpt in the newsletter. Sneaky telling us there would be info on the pupcubs. I was desperately hoping for numbers or species (LOL I knew you would not do that in an excerpt but one can live in hope). Instead it was the impact of the pupcubs on their mom. Can't wait for this book!!!

Nalini Singh said...

@Anon - The publishers organize the covers so I don't have any specific info, but I would expect (and hope!) that they have an agreement with the creator of the image to use it in a non-English market. But I'm going to ask through my international agents just to be sure, because artists rights being respected is important to me too.

Anonymous said...

@nalini

Just thought you might have wanted to know! :)

Ser said...

Glad I wasn't the only one recognizing the cover as belonging to a different book, does that happen often dat the same image is used for different books by different authors ?

Anonymous said...

Make it 3 I algo noticed but thought it was a mistake On editing of the newsletter since I never saw two books with the same cover

Emily Dixon said...

I don't think i got the email!
EM
email: emily.dixon4@hotmail.com

Emily Dixon said...

ITS ALL G! JUST FOUND IT!!

Nalini Singh said...

Hi all - just wanted to confirm that I've heard back from my Czech publisher and it's all above board. They have a license to use this artwork and others by the same artist. Phew. :)