Tuesday, August 08, 2023

Quiet Heroes

 

Alt Text: Snapshot of end of chapter 18 of Archangel’s Storm: “Mahiya.” Fingers tucking back a tendril of hair. “Yes?” “I think,” he said, reaching across to cup her chin, brush his thumb across her lower lip, “you must decide something tonight.”

Jason is one of the quietest heroes I’ve ever written. Every word he speaks holds an intensity of meaning - and so does his silence. 

Do you like quiet heroes? Which are your favorites?

Snapshot is from: Archangel's Storm.


4 comments :

library addict said...

I love Jason.

Also Walker from Psy/Changeling is another quiet hero I adore.

Oliver from Elizabeth Hunter's Cambio Springs series (his book is Waking Hearts) is another.

I'm sure I am missing some favorites (I know Jayne Ann Krentz has written a few) but that's who comes immediately to mind.

Patricia Schlorke said...

The quiet ones take everyone by surprise. Jason is definitely a quiet one. I think Vasic, Walker, Ethan Knight are also quiet ones who take everyone by surprise. They are interesting to read because I never know what they're going to do. 😊

Anonymous said...

There's too many heroes in in the guildhunters series in psy/ changing series I think Dimitri and how he helped honor

Lidy said...

Judd. He's a very determined and intense guy, but unless it's a close friend, family or his mate, the man is an absolute mystery. I think most Psy heroes are quiet, because while their Silence wasn't exactly flawless, they had to learn to mimic a perfect Silence.

GH is also full of quiet heroes. Raphael, to an extent, Aodhan, Noel. You look at them and know they're powerful, but only those who know them well can tell there's something else.

My favorite heroes are the quiet ones. And if they're grumpy, that's a bonus.