Thursday, June 14, 2007

Of Thievery & Exercise

I exercised today. Exercise is good. It keeps me from turning into a potato. But man is it tough to get out of bed for it!

However, since I am an intergalactic woman of mystery, I must make the effort. You didn't know I was an intergalactic woman of mystery? Well...let me tell you story. It all began after I read Ilona Andrews' Magic Bites. As I try to do with authors I enjoy, I dropped her an email to say how much I liked it. Guess what happened next? Ms Andrews promptly stole my name - go here to read about Nalini, the woman with blades and poison!

I feel I must now steal Ilona's name - hmmm....

7 comments :

LesleyW said...

Very impressed. :) Though I was more taken with the knight who got the ram out of the wall.

And darn it, I'd made a promise to myself that I wasn't going to order any more books for a month. Magic Bites is on my wishlist but I can't order it until July. And if that teaser was anything to go by, I'm going to love it. Patience is not my strong suit.

Anonymous said...

Lesley - me too!! I was like, look at the knight, the knight!

May said...

I desperately wanted to steal your name, but the character disagreed, so I only managed to steal the N-L-N sounds. LOL. d

Anonymous said...

I think it's cool she took your name and has you being both an interplanetary (or whatever you said) woman of mystery AND possible love interest of TWO guys: one a knight and the other an unknown ... for now.

Who knows how many MORE lovely men her Nalini could run into. Those guys could just be the tip of the iceberg in possible love interests chasing after the intrepid Nalini.

Now, if she'd taken your identity, that'd be very bad and I'd say it was time to open up a can of whoopa$$. But your name for a character -- cool. I think you can put the can back on the shelf ... until you need it again.

Anonymous said...

LOL that's cool

Casee said...

How funny. LOL. I'm not keen on first person, so I haven't picked up her book yet. I'm still debating.

Exercise is the devil. I've been doing this abs video at home and I am extremely out of shape. Like I am sore. Pathetic, really.

LesleyW said...

There's another bit been posted today. The story continues. :)