Monday, July 03, 2006

Memories

I started a scrapbook of my experiences in Japan a couple of years ago. That was when I realized that despite the thousands of photos I was taking, some things were falling through the gaps, things I wanted to remember. So I started pasting odds and ends into a plain old drawing book. That book is now bursting with pieces of memory, so much so that I've had to add new pages in order to keep it to one book.

A year or so ago, I began doing the same thing for my writing, inspired by fellow Desirable Emilie Rose. If you're not already doing this, try it. It's a wonderful motivational and inspirational lift to see where you've been, the things you've accomplished, especially when you have days where you feel like you're standing still.

Do you scrapbook? If not, how do you save your memories?

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

It might be a good idea, but I haven't done scrapbooks so far. Just the photos.

Cyn Bagley said...

I make .. I love me books for my writing. I put in all the stuff I have published. Since 2003, I have not had that much published (illness and so forth), but whenever I feel I need a lift then I take a look at it.

Unknown said...

I keep meaning to get into scapbooking...I even have some stuff...but never find the time. How do you scrapbook a book? My notes and idea blasts are so messy I'm not sure it would be cute enough to show.

Nalini Singh said...

Hiya Olga - I have tons of photos too, but sometimes I like to keep other things like postcards or ticket stubs.

Cynthia - that 'lift' feeling is exactly what I was trying to get at! It's such a buzz when you most need it.

Lol, Emma. Where are you moving to?

Hey Jenna! I don't actually scrapbook the book as such. I do everything that comes around it, for example, a good review. Before I was pubbed, I didn't scrapbook but I did keep things like mentions in competitions, or if I'd written something for a newsletter, or pictures of me with friends at writer's meetings. Anything that connects to your writing life and makes you feel good can go into the scrapbook. :)

Nalini Singh said...

Yvonne, I know you, chickadee. You have a will of IRON! And I'm dying to see your first cover.